Become a Parent FAQs
General Medical Process Questions
What do I need for starting the process of IVF treatment with an egg donor?
A: The first step is to fill out our online Donor Form and inform us of your preferred criteria for a donor. Once completed, you will be assigned with a personal Donor Coordinator. Your Coordinator will talk you through your options for egg donation and answer any questions you may have about the procedure. Once you fully understand our process and you have selected your egg donor, you will receive an agreement to sign. A deposit is also required to secure your egg donor. We will then work together with your fertility clinic to begin your IVF treatment, while closely monitoring your progress. Our team will provide you with guidance during your journey and up until you achieve a pregnancy.
How long does it take to reach the embryo transfer stage when doing egg donation?
What is the recovery time after the embryo transfer?
Is there an age limit for intended parents to be accepted into the egg donation program?
A: While your age is taken into account, the primary factors in determining if you are a good candidate for an egg donation depends on the physical examination of the medical team. Our specialist(s) will review your overall health, condition of your uterus and your ability to both sustain a pregnancy and deliver a baby after entering the egg donation program. Our specialist medical team will confirm your acceptance accordingly. Our egg donation program provides an opportunity to use oocytes of a person who has proven fertility, meaning there is a high probability of fertilization and implantation. ELITE IVF’s intended parents typically range in age from late 20s
How many eggs (oocytes) should I expect to receive?
Will I experience any discomfort with either the testing or the procedure itself?
Are there any side effects of the medications used for IVF treatment?
Questions About Egg Donors
Are egg donors anonymous?
I would prefer to have treatment in a specific region, such as Latin America. Will my donor be of Latin American descent?
What screening do egg donors undergo?
Questions About Frozen Embryos and Shipping
Is it possible to have frozen oocytes or embryos shipped to my local clinic?
What is the waiting period to receive frozen eggs or embryos?
Is there a difference in pregnancy success rates with fresh vs frozen eggs?
Are there other benefits to using frozen blastocysts from ELITE IVF?
How long can my embryos remain frozen?
Can you combine fresh and frozen egg fertilization techniques?
This is how the program works:
- Step 1: ELITE IVF works with you to find the perfect egg donor for your family.
- Step 2: Semen is collected from the intended father, or a sperm donor. The semen is then frozen using the most advanced and proven techniques, and safely delivered to your egg donor’s clinic by ELITE IVF.
- Step 3: Your donor undergoes a fresh egg donation cycle and her eggs are retrieved. This takes place at an ELITE IVF partner clinic close to your donor, so the eggs can be fertilized fresh.
- Step 4: The entire egg cohort (all the donor’s retrieved eggs) is then fertilized with the semen collected in Step 1.
- Step 5: The fresh fertilized embryos grow for 5 days*. This is called the blastocyst stage. Embryos that make it to this stage have better pregnancy outcomes. ELITE IVF’s frozen embryo program guarantees you a minimum of four blastocysts.
- Step 6: The blastocysts are then carefully frozen and delivered to your fertility clinic. ELITE IVF accompanies your embryos the entire journey from start-to-finish, including their safe transport back to your clinic.
- Step 7: The fertilized embryos are implanted into the recipient (intended mother or gestational surrogate).
Questions Regarding Program Fees
How does the cost of your program compare to other IVF egg donation programs?
Are there any added or hidden costs?
Why do different treatment destinations carry different program fees?
Other key factors that affect the program fee include:
- Intended parents’ traveling costs (the distance between the recipient and the destination for the egg donation treatment)
- Donor traveling costs (in our U.S. program, most donors travel to the clinic closest to the intended parents)
Does ELITE IVF offer financing?
Cross-Border Fertility Questions
Do I need to travel abroad for treatment?
Are your cross-border partner clinics located in safe areas?
We were at the clinic, I thanked the doctor. His response was to thank him when the baby is born. You can now tell him that we thank him and all of your team each and every day!