What is Surrogacy?
The most common form of surrogacy is gestational surrogacy, in which the baby is not biologically linked to the surrogate. In this type of surrogacy, an embryo is created using the sperm from the future father (or sperm donor), and the egg of the biological mother (or egg donor). This embryo is then implanted into the uterus of the surrogate, who will carry the baby to full term.
Traditional surrogacy uses the sperm of the intended father to fertilize the surrogate’s egg. The surrogate mother carries the pregnancy to full term, delivering the baby for the parents to love and raise. With traditional surrogacy, the baby is biologically linked to the surrogate mother.
Reasons to Consider Surrogacy
- Limited success with IVF or assisted reproductive technology (ART)
- Medical problems or illness that affect the health of the uterus
- Previous surgeries or hysterectomy that removed the uterus
- Conditions that either make pregnancy too much of a risk or prevent pregnancy altogether
- Same-sex couples (primarily males, in conjunction with an egg donor)
- Unexplained infertility
- Maternal age
- Personal choice
Surrogacy: How ELITE IVF Can Help
Surrogacy Program Options
Our Standard Surrogacy Program
Our All-Inclusive Surrogacy Program
- Ongoing coordination and care of the surrogate, as well as related logistical and legal matters
- All flights and logistics for the intended parents to visit their surrogate during the pregnancy
- Pre-birth and post-birth accommodation near the designated delivery hospital
- Return travel costs for the parents and their newborn baby
Working with a Surrogacy Agency
- Program Coordinator for overall support and project management
- Medical Coordinator for nursing services required by both the intended parents and surrogate
- Logistics Coordinator to organize flights, accommodations and logistical briefings for both the intended parents and surrogate
- Administrator for billing, legal and paperwork administration
- On-Site Patient Coordinator to escort the intended parents and surrogate to their hotel, clinic and the airport, as well as provide concierge-level support
- General Manager to direct the entire case management team (via the Program Coordinator)
- Private car with a personal chauffeur
During the whole process, the ELITE IVF team was with us and it was clear all the time that they feel as if they are not “doing their job” but treating us like family. We felt that everything was done by an excellent professional team, every step of the way. Clearly, our beautiful kids are thankful for this team for making their delivery possible! We are more than glad to recommend ELITE IVF after a great experience with them.